C.Scope 80m Flexible Tracer
The C.Scope 80m Flexible Tracer is a highly effective accessory used for locating and tracing the route of small diameter, non-metallic ducts, pipes, sewers and drains.
Used in conjunction with SGA4, SGV4 or MXT4 Signal Generators, it can provide the user with invaluable information in identifying the position of any blockages or obstructions within the pipework.
Fast Easy Secure Shopping
No Account Required
The C.Scope 80m Flexible Tracer is highly effective at locating and tracing the route of small diameter, non-metallic ducts, pipes, sewers and drains.
When used with any C.Scope Cable Locator and Signal Generator, both the route of a non-metallic pipe and a particular end point can be pinpointed with the Flexible Tracer. This is particularly useful for identifying the position of any blockages or obstructions within the pipe. If a depth measuring Locator is being used then it is also possible to know the depth of the pipe/blockage.
The Flexible Tracer is lightweight and compact making it very easy to transport. It comprises a 6mm diameter, 80m long continuous fibreglass rod housed in a strong reel that rotates on an axle. The axle has a slip-ring allowing the Signal Generator to remain connected to the Connection Terminals of the Flexible Tracer whilst it is being inserted into the pipe to be traced. A tiny Sonde is built into the tip of the Flexible Tracer allowing the end point of the Tracer to also be located. Uniquely, this Sonde is also flexible allowing the Flexible Tracer to negotiate bends in a pipe that would ordinarily stop a conventional Sonde from getting past.
There are two main methods for tracing the route of non-metallic pipes using the Flexible Tracer:
- Line Location – Feed the rod into the pipe/duct and attach one Direct Connection lead of a Signal Generator to one connection terminal of the Tracer and the other Direct Connection lead to an Earth Stake. The Rod can then be located thus identifying the route of the pipe.
- Tip/Sonde Location – Feed the rod into the pipe/duct and attach one Direct Connection lead of a Signal Generator to one connection terminal of the Tracer and the other Direct Connection lead to the other terminal. This energizes the Sonde at the tip of the Flexible Tracer allowing the end point and the depth of the Flexible Tracer to be identified.
- Fibreglass rod inside a drum cage mounted in a tubular steel frame.
- 80m of 5mm diameter flexible fibreglass rod with fully integrated 9mm diameter Sonde.
- Integral Sonde for tip tracing.
- Integral wire for line tracing.
- Slip Ring allowing drum rotation when in use.
- Rotation brake.
- Unique flexible Sonde performs even in tight angles.
- Robust but lightweight construction.
80 m Flexible Tracer
Optimised for 32,768Hz
Detection Depth Range:
Line Detection 3 m (dependent upon Locator and Signal Generator type and site conditions)
Tip Detection 4 m (dependent upon Locator and Signal Generator type and site conditions)
Any Signal Generator or Transmitter with 33kHz or 33/131kHz combined output
5 mm nominal
Quality sleeved fibreglass rod with three integral copper wires
Rod Minimum Bend Radius
10 cm (reducing to 15 cm, 5 cm from Tip)
Rod wire diameter
0.45 mm each wire
Transmitting Sonde Diameter
7.5 mm max.
58.8 x 28.8 x 48.5 cm
Powder coated 16 mm steel tube
Slip ring assembly
Sealed multi-wire duplexed
Operational Temperature Range
-20ºC to 50ºC
Storage Temperature Range
-20ºC to 50ºC
for Tracer Rod & Tip 68
for Casing 54
for Terminal Box 66